The Ware County Board of Commissioners meet the second Monday each month. To obtain meeting agendas, schedules and minutes, click here.
For information about public participation at Ware County Commission Meetings, click on the links below:
Public Participation At Commission Meetings
Public Comments At Regular Meetings Persons who wish to address the Ware County Commission under the Public Comments on the Official Actions agenda item must register in writing with the Ware County Clerk before the meeting begins and state the specific subject matter they intend to address. The meeting rules listed below shall apply.
Citizen Communication Persons who wish to address the Commission under the Citizen Communication agenda item must register in writing with the Ware County Clerk no later than 12:00 P.M. on the Friday immediately before a regularly scheduled meeting of the Ware County Commission, and must state the subject matter they intend to address. The meeting rules listed below shall apply.
Work Session Persons who wish to address the Commission by being included on a Work Session agenda must register in writing with the Ware County Clerk no later than 12:00 P.M. on the Thursday immediately before a regularly scheduled work session of the Ware County Commission, and they must state the specific subject matter they indend to address. The meeting rules listed below shall apply
Top of Page
Members of the public who wish to speak at official meetings and work sessions of the Ware County Commission are expected to adhere to the rules of decorum as outlined herein. Unless otherwise directed by the Chairman, all remarks should be directed to the Chairman and not to individual commissioners, staff or citizens in attendance. Personal remarks are inappropriate. There should be no vocal, boisterous, or other disruptive demonstrations which will disrupt the orderly flow of the meeting. Any person engaging in this type of behavior shall be ruled out of order by the Chairman and shall, at the Chairman’s discretion, be removed from the assembly hall.
Top of Page
The following rules apply for all meetings
- The speaker must begin the remarks by stating his/her name, address and organization represented, if any.
- The speaker must address all remarks to the Chairman, and not to any individuals.
- The speaker's comments must be pertinent to the agenda item or items for which the speaker has signed up.
- The speaker must avoid personal comments, political comments, and must avoid repetition and argument.
- The speaker's comments shall be limited to five (5) minutes.
- After the ware county commission begins discussing an agenda item, only the Chairman, the commissioners and persons requested to speak by the ware county commission will be allowed to speak.
- Except for unusual circumstances and only after a vote by a majority of the ware county commissioners present at such meeting will a person who has not signed up in advance of the meeting be allowed to speak.
- All speakers must conduct themselves in a respectful manner, and avoid vulgar, obscene and profane language.
- The ware county commission, by majority vote of the members present, may suspend all or any of these rules.
- Any person who violates any of these rules may be removed from the meeting.
Adopted by Resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Ware County, Georgia on the 13th day of November, 2006.
Top of Page